When to Repair vs. When to Replace
In our throwaway society, our go-to is often to replace damaged items. When it comes to expensive home systems, it’s helpful to know when a repair will suffice, saving you money and helping you attain the system’s expected lifespan, such as your roof’s lifespan. At Beeson Construction we help our customers understand when to repair and when to replace. Request a free estimate or contact us at (317) 754-0677 in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas.
Should I Repair or Replace My Roof?
- Minor leaks
- Isolated damaged shingles
- Small areas of wear
- Damaged vents
- Buildup of moss or mildew
- Old roof past its lifespan
- Sagging roof
- Widespread damage including cracked or blistering shingles
- Frequent leaking
- Major damage from a storm
Should I Repair or Replace My Siding?
- Minor hail damage
- Mildew or mold on house siding
- Small areas of damage or wear, such as cracked or loose pieces
- Damage to significant portions of the siding including wear or rot
- Major storm damage
Should I Repair or Replace My Windows?
- Worn weatherstripping
- Hardware problems
- Old windows that are inefficient or damaged
- Windows with rotting frames
- Windows with major cracks
Should I Repair or Replace My Gutters?
- Small areas of rust in metal gutters
- Small cracks or leaks
- Periodic clogging. Try gutter guards
- Widespread rusting on metal gutters
- Numerous or widespread cracks
- Sagging gutters that are pulling away from the fascia board
- Old and constantly requiring repairs
When uncertain about the extent of damage, we are happy to examine your home to see if a system is repairable or if it should be replaced.
Importance of Maintenance
Maintaining the structures and systems of your home is important in attaining the expected lifespan. For example, mold and mildew tend to grow on roofs and siding, but taking the time to schedule exterior home cleaning services can prevent the damage that mold and mildew will eventually cause, lessening your siding or shingles’ lifespan.
Why Choose Us
See our who we are page for more information.
Realize Your Roof Lifespan & Other Systems
At Beeson Construction we want you to understand when you can repair or when you should replace the exterior systems of your home. The balance is to maintain your current system so that it can realize its intended lifespan while still having the ability to function as intended. Request a free estimate now or contact us at (317) 754-0677. We serve Indianapolis and the surrounding areas including Beech Grove, Greenwood, Wanamaker, Southport, and Homecroft, IN.